I’m not sure which Pinterest post I got this recipe from, but with a little tweaking it produced my go to playdough. It does require cooking, but it makes enough to get three or four good size balls of playdough that you can do different things with, and I feel like the salt gets incorporated better than in other recipes I tried.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 cups water
- optional: food color
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a sauce pan.
- Add water.
- Cook on medium until mixture turns into a soft ball.
- This takes a lot of stirring, and you think its not working, and then suddenly you have a ball of pre-playdough.
- Remove from pan on to heat proof surface.
- Knead while still warm.
- Divide into balls and add food color or other add-ins to your preference.
It keeps for four or five months in the fridge depending on how it gets treated.