This post contains affiliate links. Affiliate links provide us with a small commission at no cost to you when you use them to purchase goods.
Circle Time (every day)
- We are learning new songs now that Kai really enjoys singing and has begun to pick up the words to songs we sing all the time. Each song is scheduled for two weeks, so that she has plenty of time to pick up the lyrics and hand gestures.
- PE: Ball Skills
- We are practicing throwing, catching, and kicking with balls and bean bags.
- Calendar: Friday
- We are learning about the days of the week.
Outdoor Nature Study: Spider Webs
- Spider webs are one of those things we run into (often literally) every time we go on a nature walk. This week we’ll be trying to spot several different types of spider webs and record them in our nature journals.
Process Art: Wax Resist Web Paintings
- We’ll be using a white crayon to draw webs on our watercolor paper, before we paint. This way the webs magically appear as you apply watercolors.
Indoor Nature Study: Savanna
- We are focusing on biomes for Late Fall, and talking about the different environments that animals live in across the globe. This week we are talking about savannas, the animals that live there, their homes and food.
Life Skill: Folding Napkins and Laundry/Tea Time
- Tuesday is tea time! First, Kai is going to help fold our napkins. We’re working on getting a nice even fold in quarters. Then we are going to have a treat and some lemonade in a tea cup and I will read a book from the book basket.
- We also do a math activity from Mathematical Reasoning Beginning 1 or another math activity.
Social Studies: My Home
- We’re talking about our home today. Kai is working on memorizing our address, and we will drawing a map of our house, talking about the different types of rooms in a home, and seeing what types of nature we can find in our own backyard.
Sensory: Pumpkin Slime
- Kai has wanted to make slime ever since she tried it at a friends house, so I’m going to give it a try and see how it goes.
Seasonal: Pumpkin Harvest
- We’re visiting a pumpkin patch to pick out a pumpkin and see how they are grown.
Kitchen: Pumpkin Pie
- We are making the filing for pumpkin pie this week. Kai loves pumpkin and has been asking for pumpkin pie every day since she last had it.
Ancestor Tale: Three Sisters Harvest Story
- Instead of reading a story from a book, Fridays are for oral story telling. I learn a new story every other week to tell Kai, and we act out the story with props. Usually the story gets acted out again and again during playtime and bed time, as Kai tends to really enjoy this kind of story telling.
Painting and Drawing
- On Fridays, I tell a story and Kai is invited to paint or draw something from it.
If you want to see how it went or follow along, I generally post our school photos to our Instagram either on the same day or soon after.
See our School Supplies post for general supplies used throughout the year.
Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- 1 15oz. can of pumpkin
- 1 14oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch clove
- 9 inch pre-made pie crust
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Mix pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk and eggs until smooth.
- Add spices and salt.
- Pour mixture into crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Turn oven down to 350F, and bake for 40 more minutes.
- Let cool.
Pumpkin Slime Recipe
- We used this Pumpkin Slime recipe from Midget Momma.