This post contains affiliate links. Affiliate links provide us with a small commission at no cost to you when you use them to purchase goods.
Circle Time (every day)
- We are learning new songs now that Kai really enjoys singing and has begun to pick up the words to songs we sing all the time. Each song is scheduled for two weeks, so that she has plenty of time to pick up the lyrics and hand gestures.
- PE: Yoga
- Kai loves Cosmic Kids Yoga and we are working on Surfer Pose this week.
- Calendar: Tuesday
- We are learning about the days of the week.
Outdoor Nature Study: Ant Hills
- We have plenty of ant hills, so we are going to take a closer look at these animal homes this week.
Process Art: Upside Down Drawing
- I’m going to tape paper underneath a child height table and let Kai draw with crayons.
Indoor Nature Study: Taigas
- We are focusing on biomes for Late Fall, and talking about the different environments that animals live in across the globe. This week we are talking about the taiga, the animals that live there, their homes and food.
Life Skill: Folding Napkins and Laundry/Tea Time
- Tuesday is tea time! First, Kai is going to help fold our napkins. We’re working on getting a nice even fold in quarters. Then we are going to have a treat and some lemonade in a tea cup and I will read a book from the book basket.
- We also do a math activity from Mathematical Reasoning Beginning 1 or another math activity.
Social Studies: Ancestors
- Social Studies and Sensory are a combined activity today. Grandma Cleo is visiting us this week, and fondly remembers celebrating Dia de los Muertos with her family as a child in Mexico. She is going help us set up all the pictures of our ancestors and honor them by telling the stories of their lives.
Seasonal: Dias de los Muertos
- There is a graveyard behind our house, so we are going to go clean up some and place fresh flowers.
Kitchen: Sugar Skulls
- I’ve never made either of these before, so we’re experimenting! Grandma Cleo sent us molds last year, but we never got around to using them.
Ancestor Tale: The Story of the Jack-o-Lantern
- Instead of reading a story from a book, Fridays are for oral story telling. I learn a new story every other week to tell Kai, and we act out the story with props. Usually the story gets acted out again and again during playtime and bed time, as Kai tends to really enjoy this kind of story telling.
Painting and Drawing
- On Fridays, I tell a story and Kai is invited to paint or draw something from it.
If you want to see how it went or follow along, I generally post our school photos to our Instagram either on the same day or soon after.
See our School Supplies post for general supplies used throughout the year.